Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Blind Side



I realize that I'm a little late to this party.  Knew from the first moment I saw the trailer for this movie that I would love it.  My oldest son wanted to see it so badly, and it has taken us this long to find a time when we could both go.  Took my 12 year old as well.  I could have done the ugly cry so many times throughout ... ok I did.  The reality of opening your heart to love someone .... someone so different with hurts that you can only imagine. Our adoption plans obviously made this so real.  Things that made me sob as I thought of our child in Ethiopia ... Michael saying he's never had a bed.  Stuffing food in his pockets at Thanksgiving.  Flashbacks of painful memories from his childhood.  LeeAnn's (the mom) conversation with Michael's birthmom.  Things that made me smile ... first Christmas photo and the family member calling and saying did you know you have a black child in your family picture? ... black and white skin reaching across the table to hold hands before praying for the meal ....  the true love and acceptance given this child.

Favorite line ... "You're changing that boy's life," spoken by a friend.  "No, he's changing mine."  says Mom.

Left me speechless ... and crying ...

1 comment:

  1. I appreciated many aspects of the movie. yeah, it was a sports movie but obviously it went well beyond that. Movies that challenge us are always great. I'm glad to see the movie doing so well in theaters.

    ReplyDelete