ELDER TOP HAPPENINGS IN 2010
*Traveled in July as a family to meet and bring home our son, Kenen David Elder who was born in Ethiopia in August of 2006. He is adjusting well and has brought new energy to our home. :-)
* Took a side trip to Rome on our way to Ethiopia. Highlight was seeing the Coliseum. Lowlight was our two start hotel and the heat.
* David was gainfully employed for 9 months and took an "unpaid sabbatical" for 3 months. He has been able to be home for some much needed support and bonding time with Kenen. He will begin working again in January.
* The three oldest are doing great in their 3rd, 8th and 10th grade years at school. All are still involved in music and sports which keeps us very busy.
* My sister and her family moved from Tualatin to Houston leaving a great void in all of our lives.
* I stepped back from all volunteer responsibilities to focus on being a full time mom to a preschooler.
* Our family continues to be so grateful to our Emmanuel for being with us and providing in amazing ways all we have needed during this year of tremendous transition and change.
May you and your family know the peace that passes all understanding this season and in the coming year.