Saturday, March 26, 2011

Celebrating

We are celebrating the birthday of my wonderful husband David ... and being home as a family of 6 for 8 months. So just a couple of thoughts on each ....

I wrote an ode to David last year on Facebook ... so I won't repeat myself. I will just say that in what has been one of the most difficult years of our 21 years of marriage, he continues to be a rock of faith and stability. He still makes me laugh ... and I am blessed to have him by my side.

In the midst of the normal ups and downs of daily life with Kenen, I was delighted the other morning when he came downstairs, walked around the corner, and said, "I would like to have a hug." ... which I, of couse happily gave him. It may seem small and ordinary to some .. but this is an event worth celebrating. And I will remember this and acknowledge it as a monument to the progress that is being made ... slowly ... in the healing of his heart, and the bonding of our family.

1 comment:

  1. smile...he's choosy with his hugs too, huh? :-) Happy Birthday David! Celebrating the little milestones along with you!

    ReplyDelete